L.I. Smith & Associates, Inc. (LIS) is a full-service, integrative engineering and surveying company that provides services to the public and private sectors. We are headquartered in Paris, TN, with branches located in Nashville and Portland.
We are currently seeking a highly motivated, detail-oriented CAD Technician to join our Nashville office.
The CAD Technician will work directly with the Construction Manager, Professional Surveyors, and field personnel to ensure timely project completion within allocated budgets. Responsibilities will include performing and submitting as-built surveys, reducing field data, and transmitting data to survey crews.
The ideal candidate should be familiar with AutoCAD and possess an understanding of construction plans and heavy civil construction drawings.
$20.00 – $30.00 per hour
- Draft, design, and layout surveys in Carlson Survey software
- Read and interpret construction plans and specifications
- Perform technical drafting and provide support for specific projects
- Work directly with Project Managers and Field Survey Crews
- High School Diploma
- Valid driver’s license and have a good driving record
- Working knowledge of Carlson Survey software applications
- 5-6 years of experience
- Critical thinking skills with strong attention to detail, the ability to prioritize and plan ahead
- Understanding of survey field and office procedures
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Desire to grow professionally
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be physically able to work outdoors in all terrain and weather conditions/lift a minimum of 50 lbs.
- 8-10 years of construction surveying experience
- Bachelor of Science degree in Surveying or Survey related field
- Experience working Carlson and Trimble Business Center
To apply, email your contact information and resume to email@example.com. Be sure to include the job title you’re applying for in the email subject line.