Civil Engineer (PE)
L.I. Smith & Associates, Inc. (LIS) is a full-service, integrative engineering and surveying company that provides services to the public and private sectors. We are headquartered in Paris, TN, with branches located in Portland and Nashville.
We are currently looking to hire a licensed Civil Engineer (PE) to join our Paris office. We are looking for someone that wants to build a team and lead. The Civil Engineer will work with our team of engineers to plan and design a variety of land development projects with major tasks such as stormwater management, environmental permitting, and utility design.
Projects and tasks will involve the use of various software programs including Civil3D, AutoCAD, and Microsoft Office applications.
An ideal candidate will possess excellent leadership skills and will thrive in a team-focused environment.
- Computer-aided design and drafting of site layout, drainage, roadway, grading, and utility systems using software programs such as AutoCAD and Civil3D
- Act as project manager on all assigned projects
- Review designs, write reports, and complete calculations to assist in producing final designs
- Meet project schedule requirements and deadlines
- Perform site visits and prepare associated reports
- Coordinate with clients, subcontractors, and workforce to resolve project challenges and conflicts
- Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering
- Minimum of 10 years’ engineering experience
- PE in Tennessee
- Strong ability to communicate effectively
- Experience working with Metro Nashville and surrounding cities
- Experience in site design and stormwater management
- Extensive experience using AutoCAD Civil 3D
- Experience as a project manage
- Critical thinking skills with strong attention to detail, the ability to prioritize and plan ahead
- Desire to grow professionally
- Active in professional organizations
- Licensed in other states
- Leadership experience
- Desire to participate in business development
To apply, email your contact information and resume to email@example.com. Be sure to include the job title you’re applying for in the email subject line.