Business operations intern
L.I. Smith & Associates (LIS) is seeking an ambitious and detail-oriented Business Operations Intern to join our team. The part-time internship is available at our Paris office for Summer 2024.
The intern will assist the Controller and support staff with the management of various functions of the accounting department, including basic accounting procedures and principles ranging from accounts payable and receivable systems to financial statement, preparation, and analysis.
In this position, you will gain insight into the accounting profession and build a solid foundation for your career through hands-on experience and mentorship.
$15 per hour and/or school internship credit.
- Run reports using applicable accounting systems to provide data and analysis
- Work closely with the controller, IT, and project administrators to resolve any issues that may arise in a timely manner
- Assist with month-end closing for accounts payable and accounts receivable processes
- Assist with client invoicing, client proposals, & client contracts
- Create and maintain complex excel spreadsheets and reporting
- Participate in team building and training initiatives
- Perform additional administrative tasks as assigned
- Currently pursuing a bachelor’s degree in business management, accounting, or finance
- GPA of 3.0 or above
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel & Word)
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to manage multiple, concurrent projects in a deadline-driven environment, keen attention to detail
- Creative self-starter who is comfortable with both taking initiative and working in collaboration
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
To be considered, applicants must submit the following to email@example.com: