Civil cad DRafter
L. I. Smith & Associates, Inc. (LIS) is a full-service, integrative engineering and surveying company that provides services to the public and private sectors. We are headquartered in Paris, TN, with branches located in Portland and Nashville.
We are currently seeking an entry to mid-level Civil CAD Drafter to join our Paris office. The ideal candidate will have experience in drafting, be detail oriented in their work, and possess good organizational skills.
The Civil CAD Drafter will be responsible for producing quality plans for a variety of land development projects, as well as implementing and managing AutoCAD drafting and plan preparation standards. This individual will work directly with Project Managers and Civil Engineers to ensure timely project completion within allocated budgets.
$15 – $25 per hour
- Computer-aided design and drafting of site layout, drainage, roadway, grading, and utility systems using software programs such as AutoCAD and Civil3D
- Organize drawings under the supervision of professional engineers
- Perform routine drawing assignments requiring the application of standard techniques and procedures
- Work within allocated quality/budget/schedule expectations to complete scope-specific assignments
- Perform administrative duties associated with project management for civil/site projects
- Meet project schedule requirements and deadlines
- Associate or technical school degree in design or drafting
- 1+ year(s) of drafting experience
- Proficient in AutoCAD
- Proficient Microsoft Office skills (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to collaborate and be a team player
- Detail oriented, self-starter
- Desire to grow professionally
- 5+ years of relevant experience
- Experience with land development projects
- Experience working with state and local agencies
- Previous internship experience with a related industry is strongly preferred
Benefits & Perks
- Competitive salary; Referral bonus
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits. LIS pays 65% of employee’s medical premiums
- Company provided life insurance; Additional Life Insurance available for employee
- Retirement plan with a 3% company match
- Emergency care fund
- Childcare stipend
- Weekly pay periods
- Nine paid holidays; 40 hours of paid time off (PTO) received after the completion of 90-day probationary period
- Support for industry training and certifications; Tuition reimbursement
- Opportunity for advancement; Reviews conducted annually
- Staff awards and recognition programs throughout the year
- Fitness membership discount; Wellness program; Virtual medical visits
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or contracted.
L.I. Smith & Associates (LIS) is a full-service, integrative engineering and surveying company that provides services to the public and private sectors. Licensed in 12 states throughout the Central and Southeast regions, LIS has an experienced team that can provide multistate coverage for projects of all sizes in land development, infrastructure design, and surveying services. LIS is headquartered in Paris, Tenn., with branches located in Portland and Nashville.
Please visit lismith.com to find more information about our company and benefits.