Civil Engineering Intern
L.I. Smith & Associates (LIS) is currently accepting applications for a Civil Engineering Intern interested in gaining professional, hands-on experience while working directly with our team of Engineers.
The internship is available for Summer 2023 at our Paris location.
As a Civil Engineering Intern, you will assist with various engineering projects in a variety of disciplines, including but not limited to land development projects with major tasks such as stormwater management, environmental permitting, and utility design. You will gain experience in Civil3D, AutoCAD, Trimble Business Center, and Microsoft Office applications. Interns will also perform general clerical duties as assigned.
$15 per hour and/or school internship credit.
- Assist in preparing, editing, and labeling project designs in Civil3D and/or AutoCAD
- Create or modify project plans and specifications
- Perform standard computations and analysis and research assignments
- Support preparation of final design plans, cost estimates, and special provisions
- Develop technical skills through challenging project assignments
- Assist with maintaining records, preparing reports, and other functions as required
- Currently enrolled in a Civil Engineering program at an accredited college or university
- Preferred GPA of at least 3.0
- Completed 1+ year(s) of Civil Engineering courses
- Proficiency in Microsoft office (Word, Excel, and Outlook)
- Civil3D and AutoCAD drafting experience is a plus
- Strong technical writing, analytical, and communication skills
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to work in individual and team environments
To apply, email your contact information and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include the job title you’re applying for in the email subject line.