Land Survey Intern
L.I. Smith & Associates (LIS) is currently accepting applications for a Land Survey Intern. The internship is available for Summer 2023 at both our Paris and Nashville locations.
As a Land Survey Intern, you will spend the majority of your time working on survey crews with an experienced Party Chief. This position will require working outdoors, so you must be physically able to navigate rugged landscapes. Interns will also spend time in the office performing general design and clerical survey duties and will gain experience in AutoCAD drafting.
$ 15 per hour and/or school internship credit.
- Assist the Party Chief with all aspects of the daily crew workload
- Carry out a range of surveying assignments while learning the methods of work
- Become familiar with survey equipment, data collection procedures, and various types of survey projects
- Develop technical skills through challenging project assignments
- Assist with maintaining records, preparing reports, and other functions as required
- Currently enrolled in a Surveying or Survey related program at an accredited college or university
- Preferred GPA of at least 3.0
- Completed 1+ year(s) of Surveying courses
- AutoCAD drafting experience preferred
- Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to withstand regular exposure to outdoor worksite weather conditions that may be wet and/or humid environments with extreme cold and/or heat
- Must be able to perform tasks that require long-term standing and/or repetitive motions