I. Smith & Associates, Inc. (LIS) is a full-service, integrative engineering and surveying company that provides services to the public and private sectors. We are headquartered in Paris, TN, with branches located in Portland and Nashville.
We are currently seeking a senior-level Landscape Architect to join our Portland office.
The responsibilities of the Landscape Architect will include the preparation of due diligence studies, concept plans, preliminary plans, site plans, and landscape plans. Project experiences will vary, as we provide services to both the public and private sectors, primarily in the Central and Southeast Regions.
This position provides the opportunity to work alongside our diverse team of Professional Engineers and Professional Land Surveyors to complete projects in a collaborative environment.
- Prepare due diligence analysis, land development concepts, design development master plans and graphic illustrations using both digital and hand drawn formats
- Create and draw custom outdoor design plans through 3D renderings or manual sketch drawings tailored to client specifications
- Create estimates for custom design projects keeping in mind material sourcing and budgets
- Coordinate with clients, subcontractors, and workforce to resolve project challenges and conflicts
- Develop master plans including plant schedule and materials list
- Assist with attaining permits, research of city codes, and provide calculations
- Meet project schedule requirements and deadlines
- Support and coordinate with Project Managers and Supervisors with all phases of project development
- Tennessee Landscape Architect license
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in landscape architecture from an accredited university
- 6-10 years of professional experience in landscape architectural site development elements and materials
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD, 3-D modeling (SketchUp or other), and Adobe Creative Cloud
- Proficient Microsoft Office skills (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Possess the ability to work collaboratively and independently
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Critical thinking skills with strong attention to detail, the ability to prioritize and plan ahead
To apply, email your contact information and resume to email@example.com. Be sure to include the job title you’re applying for in the email subject line.