Professional Land Surveyor (RLS)
L.I. Smith & Associates, Inc. (LIS) is seeking a motivated, experienced Professional Land Surveyor to join our Nashville office.
The Professional Land Surveyor will work closely with crew chiefs and their teams on a wide variety of projects. This position requires proficiency with the use of Carlson Survey software. Responsibilities include preparing accurate drawings, maps, charts, and other survey deliverables on schedule with minimal supervision.
The ideal candidate will have a basic understanding of related civil engineering work.
We are offering a $2,000 signing bonus.
- Coordinate, direct, and assist in leading team members in the completion of Boundary and Topographical Surveys, Route Surveys, ALTA/NSPS Land Title Surveys, Utility Surveys, and Constructional layout for public and private entities
- Draft, design, and layout surveys in Carlson Survey software
- Read and interpret deeds, plats, plans, and specifications
- Perform record research including legal records, survey records, and land titles
- Review and approve all survey field data and drawings to ensure they meet the state-specific minimum technical standards
- Assist Survey Manager in developing and growing client base
- Meet project schedule requirements and deadlines
- Coordinate with clients and workforce to resolve project challenges and conflicts
- License: Tennessee Professional Land Surveyor (RLS)
- Working knowledge of Carlson Survey software applications
- Skilled in the use of surveying instruments and software including Trimble Robotic and GNSS equipment
- 2- 3 years of experience as LSIT
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and have a good driving record
- Critical thinking skills with strong attention to detail, the ability to prioritize and plan ahead
- Must be physically able to work outdoors in all terrain and weather conditions/lift a minimum of 50 lbs.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- 8-10 years of professional surveying experience
To apply, email your contact information and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include the job title you’re applying for in the email subject line.